Jupiter Dance Academy's POLICIES
Physical activities such as dance carry a risk of injury to participants. I hereby release JDA, Jupiter Dance Academy, of any liability whatsoever arising out of an injury, damage or loss which may be sustained by said person during the course of involvement with JDA. This includes activities held in the studio and during any other dance performance or rehearsal sponsored by JDA. I have read this waiver agreement, understand its contents, and accept and assume such risks. • For classes in the children's program, your child needs to enroll for the semester. This way, your child can learn skills and advance along with others in the group. Dropping in and out of children's classes isn't allowed because of the emphasis on learning the needed skills and basic steps for each of the different dance types. Registration requires a semester long commitment, and 30-day notice for any cancellations. By enrolling in classes at JDA, I agree to these terms and conditions.
Fees: Tuition fees are based on a 10 ½ month dance season (August through June) and may be paid in full or monthly. If payment is made for the full year, a 10% discount will be applied to your tuition. An auto-charge payment form must be signed and provided to the Academy upon registration. The payment plan avoids inconvenience and/or late fees to you. You may choose auto-debit or credit card charge. Tuition is due on the 1st day of each month. A $35 late fee will be applied to all accounts with an outstanding balance after the 8th of the month. Balances for costumes, showcase fees, and recital fees must be paid by the due date or they will be charged to the card on file after 8 days late. All outstanding balances must be paid in full prior to purchasing spring performance tickets and/or picking up costumes. The Spring Performance fee is equal to one month’s regular tuition (June) payment. Students registering for educational classes are registering from January 1st to June 1st to participate in the Spring Recital. Dancers registering after February 1st may still participate in the recital for an additional $25 late registration fee. Tuition, registration fees, costume payments, advertisement payments, and performance tickets are non-refundable. Tuition is not pro-rated for missed classes, closings, and/or holidays. There will be a $35 processing fee for all returned checks or declined transactions. We offer a drop-in class at the cost of $25 per dancer. In order to attend at the $25 price on a continual basis, you will be charged the $50 registration fee and $25 per class. If you refer a student to JDA that registers and pays for the year in advance, you will receive a $30 finders credit towards tuition.
1. Absences & Late Pick-Up: Please report all absences to the Academy office at least one hour prior to class. Students are not permitted in dance studios prior to class. All students must be picked up no later than 15 minutes after class. This includes all rehearsals and performances. A late pick-up fee of $20 per 15 minutes will be added to the account balance.
2. Credits and Class Cancellations: Credits will only be accommodated for severe illness or injury and must be applied to a class of the same age range and similar style. If we need to cancel a class due to an insufficient number of students and we expect to have a full class soon, we will accommodate a credit to be applied to that class. All credits must be redeemed within 6 months. Classes with 3 or more students will be on a hold notice and open for additional enrollment. Classes with three or less students in attendance for more than one month may be cancelled and students moved to another class of the same age range and similar style at the discretion of JDA. When classes are cancelled due to inclement weather or natural causes i.e. hurricanes, makeups will not be offered. Private lessons - 24 hours notice of cancellation of a private lesson is required in order to be credited for that lesson and permitted to reschedule. A $5 rescheduling fee will be charged for cancelled private lessons that are eligible to be rescheduled.
3. Class Sizes and Waitlists: Toddler Classes ages 4 and under have a max capacity of 13 students. Classes ages 5 and over have a max capacity of 15 students. Those wishing to register for a full class will be placed on the waitlist and notified if a drop in enrollment allows for their registration. Students dropping from a full and waitlisted class will be placed on the waitlist if and when they chose to return. Anyone that holds a balance in a waitlisted class will not be permitted to continue attending that class and will be dropped.
4. Withdrawals: One-month notice from the first of the month is required to discontinue enrollment. Withdrawals must be made in writing and submitted to email@example.com. All withdrawals must occur within the first 7 days of the month, otherwise, tuition charges will continue to be applied accordingly. Jupiter Dance Academy reserves the right to terminate enrollment for any student. A student may be expelled on the basis of their behavior and/or actions of their parents/guardians at the Academy’s discretion. Jupiter Dance Academy reserves the right to terminate enrollment for any student without notice.
5. Proper Attire: All students must be dressed for classes and rehearsals according to the Academy Dress Code - tights and the correct color & style leotard. Failure to wear required dance wear may result in students being asked to sit out of the class. Repeated failure to wear required class attire may result in termination of enrollment. All students must wear a cover-up when entering and/or exiting the building.
6. No food or drinks are permitted in any dance studio. Any student destroying or damaging studio property will be promptly dismissed. Students are not permitted to smoke or chew gum on Jupiter Dance Academy property.
7. The Academy is not responsible for student property. Please place your student’s name on all items.
8. Ballet Class: All educational students age 6 and over are required to enroll in a ballet class after one season with Jupiter Dance Academy - with the exception of Hip Hop and Acro only students. All pointe students are required to enroll and participate in a minimum of 2 additional ballet classes.
9. Proper language and good behavior are required at all times. A disruptive student will be asked to leave class and/or Academy and a parent/guardian will be notified.
10. Jupiter Dance Academy requests that each student enrolled with JDA consult with a physician with respect to any past or present illness or injury that may affect his/her participation in and ability to endure any exercise, dance, acrobatic, or any other program or class. I hereby waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on Jupiter Dance Academy property from any activity before, during, or after class time.
11. It is understood that any payment in any and all amounts paid to Jupiter Dance Academy constitutes agreement to the Jupiter Dance Academy Policies stated herein. I, the undersigned, have read and agree to the above-stated Jupiter Dance Academy Policies.
Authorization Use of Image or Likeness
Students of JDA may have the opportunity to be photographed or video taped at various dance events or classes. These photos or videos may be included for JDA publications or advertisements, including on our websites and social media. No financial compensation shall be given for use of any photographs or video. I acknowledge that JDA may choose not to use my photo or video at this time, but may do so at its own discretion at a later date. JDA reserves the right to discontinue use of photos or video without notice. I hereby irrevocably grant to Jupiter Dance Academy, LLC (JDA), its employees, officers, directors, successors in interest, licensees, partners, assigns and agents (collectively the "Company"), the right to interview me and to take, use, reproduce, exhibit, display, broadcast, distribute, edit, alter and create derivative works of audio and visual materials of me (alone or with other persons) and my name, image, voice and likeness. I understand and agree that the Company owns the audio and visual materials and all rights related to them. I hereby irrevocably permit and authorize the Company to use my name, image, voice and likeness for any lawful purpose and in any form whatsoever, including but not limited to use in the Company's events, activities, products, services, promotions, advertisements and marketing materials. I waive the right to inspect or approve any finished materials wherein my name, image, voice or likeness appears, and any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of such materials by the Company. I hereby completely and unconditionally release the Company from any and all claims, demands and causes of action which, I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators or any other persons acting on behalf of my estate have or may have by reason of this authorization and release and the creation or use of materials wherein my name, image, voice or likeness appears. If applicable, the undersigned Guardian acknowledges that he/she is the legal parent or guardian of the minor and is signing this document on behalf of the minor and that THE MINOR SHALL BE BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS OF THIS DOCUMENT. By signing this document without a parent or guardian's signature, the undersigned represents that he/she is at least 18 years of age. By enrolling in classes at JDA, I agree to these terms and conditions.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event, there is inclement weather and we are under a severe weather advisory (roads are or are becoming hazardous due to heavy rains, severe storms, power outage, etc. are expected). JDA will cancel classes. When these conditions are in effect in the AM, morning classes will be canceled in conjunction with the County of Palm Beach Schools. A determination will be made between 1:00- 2:00 PM for all afternoon and evening classes if weather conditions merit class cancellations. An email and/or text will be sent as a notification for class cancellations. NOTE: the County of Palm Beach Schools close for other reasons, JDA will not close under these conditions as deemed by the County of Palm Beach Schools. Please check your inbox for notification of when classes are canceled.
Parents reserve the right to not bring their students to classes due to weather conditions. However, JDA does not schedule make-up classes for classes canceled due to extreme weather conditions. Parents must schedule any makeup classes with the JDA office in advance of the class.